Congratulations on your engagement!
Making wine for your wedding is definitely a great way save money and to add a personal touch to your big day with custom made wine and labels to match.
We suggest making your wine 4-6 months ahead to allow for aging time.
Our knowledgeable staff can help you find wines within your budget.
When should you make your wedding wine?
Your wine will be quite enjoyable on the day it’s bottled, however we recommend you leave whites about one to two months and reds two to three months before serving them at your wedding. Tell us the date of your wedding and we’ll make sure you have a winemaking appointment far enough in advance to make the best-tasting wine.
Follow these steps to estimate your needs:
- Calculate how many people will be drinking at the event.
- Multiply this number by four (to give you the maximum number of standard drinks per person you will need).
- Divide number of standard drinks by five per bottle
- Divide number of bottles by 30 to determine the number of batches and then round up
- 100 wine drinking guests attending
- 100 x 4 standard drinks = 400 standard drinks
- 400 / 5 (5 glasses per 750ml bottle) = 80 bottles of wine
- 80/30 750ml bottles per batch = 2.67 or 3 batches of wine will be needed.
*In Alberta, you can now legally take wines made at a ferment on premise into venues. If you are planning on serving your own wine at the reception, you should always check with the venue that is hosting the event before making a final decision.
Gifts for wedding guests
A bottle of wine with a customized label makes a wonderful keepsake for your wedding and is a great way to say thank you to your friends and family. Some people prefer to purchase 375 ml bottles for this. Smaller bottles should give you approximately 60 bottles instead of 30 which allows your wine to go further as gifts.
Reunions / Anniversaries
Looking to celebrate an important milestone? Making your own craft wine, complete with personalized labels, makes an already special day so much more special.
Employee / Customer Gifts
The gift of craft wine with custom personalized labels is an excellent way to say “Thank You” and is also very cost effective!